Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Name Game


What's in a name? Quite a lot. As someone who's lived with a long, unusual moniker her whole life, I tend to be more hyper-aware of my name than other folks.

You might have noticed a change or two around this blog. First off, I've decided to drop the "Bloody Good Stories" label. In all honesty, it just wasn't ringing true for me. Though much of my work is rooted in the horror genre, I'm starting to branch out into other fields. I don't want to invest in a name that will ultimately limit my vision as a creator. When I find the right label, I'll know.

Which leads to my second -- and much more personal -- change. Though I still am and will remain a happily married woman, the whole hyphenated "Windham-Kent" last name was just too much for my already long name to take on. So, after much soul-searching, I've decided to go back to being simply "Sherezada Kent."

I know it's a strange thing to do, but it's what's right for me. I really thought I'd get used to it, but after over a year it still felt weird, like I was wearing the wrong size shoes. I'm still keeping it legally ('cause I am NOT going through the gauntlet of bureaucratic bullshit again), but everything else I create from this point will be under my "short," sweet name...

...until I decide to change my name to a symbol.


No comments:

Post a Comment